The San Carlos Chickens’ Ball is the longest running PTA fundraiser in the United States (since 1940) and it is unique to San Carlos. Your friends and neighbors put on a new variety show every other year, benefitting the performing arts at each San Carlos school.
2016 San Carlos Chickens’ Ball
Two audition times available.
November 5th - 6:30-8:30 pm
November 7th - 9 am - 12 pm
White Oaks School in San Carlos
If you audition, you will be cast.
You MUST be able to make all 6 performances, plus rehearsals.
April 29, 7:30 pm
April 30, 7:30 pm
May 1, 2 pm matinee
May 6, 7:30 pm
May 7, 2 pm matinee
May 7, 7:30 pm
Rehearsals will begin February 22nd for dancers. Each entre act will have rehearsal for one hour per week with rehearsal scheduled regularly on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening. For example, if you are cast in one #, you might have rehearsal every Monday at 7 pm. Rehearsals will be in San Carlos, with the exact place to be determined. Tech rehearsal will be Saturday April 16th - 9 am - 12 noon. Dress rehearsals and run throughs will take place for two weeks, beginning April 18th.
Other Audition Details:
- Dancers: Beginning and advanced dance will be taught at auditions. Tappers bring your shoes be ready show what you can do, you will be asked to show or repeat certain combos. Can canners welcome, we will teach this dance for those interested.
- Singers: A group song will be sung (like Happy Birthday or Take Me Out to the Ball Game). For singers wishing to sing a solo, please bring a prepared song and your own accompaniment on a phone or similar device.
- Drag: Are you willing to be cast in a drag #? __ yes __ no __ maybe
For the following roles and involvement, please contact Sonya Sigler -- firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-281-8325 m
- Acting: For those desiring an acting part, we can find a skit for you
- Backstage: For those desiring to find a role backstage with the stage crew, lights, sound or hall/call boys
- Sewing, painting and building - we can always use help for these areas as well